Friday, March 26, 2010

[OneShot] Attention

Title: Attention
Author: nekonotango
Pairing: Kazumi x Kim Kibum
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Don't own anything.
Warning: Unbetad
Words count:765
Author's note: This is inspired from Myself; Yourself anime. 
Summary: Key was visiting Kazumi who was hospitalized because of the fire in her house. Kazumi started telling him the real truth about the fire and she was crying. What is the real truth? What made her cry?





“Kazumi, can I enter?” A voice was heard outside the room. Kazumi looked at the door.

“Yes,” She answered.

“How are you?” A young man entered the room with a paper bag in his hand.

“Fine,” Kazumi answered with a smile.

“I bring a cake and here a novel for you. You probably get bored,” Key said, taking out a book from the paper bag and gave it to Kazumi.

“Thanks,” Kazumi took it and thoroughly looked inside it.

“It’s a ghost story,” Key said, placing the paper bag on the small wooden cupboard beside the bed.

“Eh? Do you want me to suffer? You know that I have to stay here alone, don’t you?” Kazumi said with slightly angry tone in her voice. Key just giggled, didn’t answer.

“Do you want to eat this cake right now?” Key asked her, showing to the blue box on the cupboard. Kazumi nodded her head. Key opened the box and took a cake knife.

“I’m glad that you come. It’s has been two days since I received visitor,” Kazumi said looking at the book that she held. Key stopped cutting the cake. He looked at Kazumi intensely.

“It didn’t really affect me,” Kazumi suddenly sounded cheerful, looked at Key with a smile. Key still looked at Kazumi. He knew the smile was a fake.

“But...” Kazumi sounded sorrow again, looking down.

“I was hoping for him to visit me,” Kazumi said the truth, holding the book tighter.

“I’m sorry,” Key said, continued cutting the knife.

“Everything I do will never get his attention,” Kazumi continued talking.

“Even the fire,” She said it with a lower volume.

“The fire?” Key asked, confused.

“I’m the one who set the fire.” Kazumi bit her lower lip. Key didn’t ask anything. He knew Kazumi wanted someone to listen. He let go of the knife and sat on the chair beside the bed.

“I called him after I burned the curtain hoping that he will answer it but he didn’t. I called him again and again until I didn’t realize that the fire got worse. Then I thought probably I should die. Maybe after I die he will think of me more. I know it was an evil thought. But I just couldn’t resist it,” Kazumi said in tears.

“I should give up on him long ago,” Kazumi continued. Key looked at Kazumi crying face. He didn’t know what to do. The girl that he loves was in pain. He held Kazumi hands.

“It’s okay now. You don’t have to get his attention anymore,” Key said kindly, holding Kazumi hand tightly.

“But, he is the only one who listen to me,” Kazumi said, still crying.
“Am I listening to you now?” Key asked. Kazumi looked up and her eyes met Key’s. She looked deeply into it. He was sincere. Kazumi wiped her tears.

“Thanks for saving me,” She said after noticed that the one who was holding her hands now was the person who save her from the fire.

“Sorry if I ruin your plan but I’m not regret I saved you,” Key said, smiling. He let go of Kazumi’s hand. Kazumi turned to Key.

“It’s okay now,” Kazumi said, felt guilty. She tried to sound cheerful.

“I will come here everyday until you discharge,” Key said, stood up from the chair and took a step to the cupboard.

“You don’t have to. I’m sure you are busy,” Kazumi sounded worried. She turned to Key who was standing in front of the cupboard, cutting the cake. Key made her felt guiltier.

“If I don’t come you will feel lonely,” Key said, placing a slice of the cake on a small white plate.

“I have this book,” Kazumi said cheerfully, showing the book that Key gave before. Key giggled.

“Here, eat this,” Key gave the plate to Kazumi. Kazumi pouted, not taking the plate.

“Do you want me to feed you?” Key said, trying to tease her.

“You are changing the topic,” Kazumi said. She took the plate and started eating. Key smiled looking at Kazumi.

“Why don’t you have it too?” Kazumi asked when she noticed that Key was looking at her, not eating.

“It’s okay. I’m full. I have had my lunch,” Key answered. Kazumi smiled and continued eating. Key sat at the chair and looked at Kazumi. She really enjoyed the cake. There some cream on her cheek but Key didn’t bother to tell her because she looked cute that way.

“Kazumi,” Key suddenly called. Kazumi turned to Key, blurred.

“Can you focus more on me after this?” Key asked.

__________________________
I'm sorry Kazumi because didn't you earlier about this.
Hope you don't mind.

2 comments:

Kazumi~ said...

OMG!! I LOVED IT!! *O* <333333333333

NekoPillow said...

Arigato~ ^^